- AGE: Must be 18 years of age at time of the application and be able to provide I9 acceptable documents for identification.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to physically perform the work of the trade.
- Applications must be filled out in person at the apprenticeship office. There needs to be sufficient English Comprehension to complete the application without assistance.
- Applications are available at the roofers apprenticeship office. Call first to make an appointment. 206-728-2777.
- Applicants who wish to receive advanced placement should provide sufficient proof of previous work experience in the industry.
- The Out of Work List: applicant must sign onto the Local 54’s “out of work list” every 30 days until placement to retain eligibility.
- Eligible Applicants will be contacted by the roofers union for a job opportunity.
- There is a $25.00 cash deposit due at time of Dispatch.
- Dependable Transportation is required. The jobs are in the multi county areas of Clallum, Island, Jefferson, King, Kitsap, Mason, San Juan, Skagit, Snohomish and Whatcom counties. A car registration or a copy with a note to use another’s vehicle is required.
- New Apprentice Registration occurs at this time with the State of Washington. A packet entailing responsibilities is included. One must report their hours and attend classes.
- The new apprentice must check in at the union hall and register there for dispatch.
- Once dispatched the employee must report to the contractor for orientation; this may include urine analysis and E-Verify (citizenship) verification.